BEST: Better training
The primary responsibility of the staff in interlockings and operations control centres is to ensure a smooth and safe railway operation. The confidence of train controllers and dispatchers to cope with arising problems can be improved significantly by training exercises using a simulator. It simulates up to 400 different types of faults and failures to teach the operator the correct course of action in case of technical malfunctions and difficult situations. It provides a cost-effective solution to the training needs of controllers – practice-oriented, multivendor and suitable for all interlocking types. BEST reproduces the user interface of the original system including all relevant operating menus. The simulation of the interlocking technology with all external installations and train movements maps the reality to an almost perfect extent.
The most important features are:
- Topography editor to enter and modify the topography,
user interfaces and simulated power supply
- Complete emulation of the original user interface
- Functional simulation of the interlocking and all field elements
- Simulation of ETCS L1/L2/L3 and RBC functionalities
- Real time simulation of train and shunting movements
- Simulation of disturbances which hamper the operating schedule
- Simulation of automatic route setting and train describer
- Illustration of the traffic according to real railroad maps
- Configuration of permission and responsibility areas as desired.